All The Things
What I'm currently working with... Lately I've been focusing on front end devevlopment and design. Mostly dabbling in backend tech when required. Need to learn more about all things devops. Working on my visual design skillz in attempt to build more beautiful things.
- Bootstrap, Material, Etc.
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL/NoSQL Databases
- SOAP/REST APIs
540 - Technology Consultant
January 2014 to Present
- Lead Front End Developer Consultant for the DoD working on AngularJS apps, API design, data analysis, UI/UX (private)
- Visual Designer for 540 in my sparetime. I work on marketing materials and internal design projects
- Front End Dev for Air Hound, an open source Angular Material project for the EPA
- Front End Dev for CLIN Wizard , a Contract Line Item open source Angular project for DPAP
- Designer/Dev for 540's Company Website latest build. Currently working on the next version
- Front End Dev for Drug Reactions Explained (DRE) an open source Angular app for translating FDA medical terms
- Google Maps Dev for Operational Contracting Support Command Suite (OCS CS) a prototype map based search for personnel, supplies, and vendors (private)
George Washing University - Coding Bootcamp Teaching Assistant
January 2017 to Present
For more information check out: GW Coding Bootcamp
Freelance - Web Developer
For Hire Anytime
- Helped Hagen Landscapes with the design and build of their website
- Helped Bradley Griffin with the design and build and MRIS integration of his website
CSC - Application Consultant
July 2012 to December 2014
- Helped DHS with the E-Verify Identification Verification API developer experience
- Implemented a custom SharePoint implementation for the DoD ALTESS data center
- Assisted marketing CSC's mobility practice by creating videos for mobile applications
- Worked with CIO/G-6 to author the "Army Internet Facing Application Migration Guidebook"
- Mapped data between legacy employee management systems for the CSC Transformation team
CSC - Federal Consulting Practice Intern
July 2011 to January 2012
- Built awesome powerpoint presentations so our sales team could always be closing
- Created beautifuly designed financial graphs so our execs could better understand revenue
- Wrote near genius excel spreadsheet formulas so HR could solve office problems
- Organized an insane amount of file directories so the consultants could find their files
JMU - Physics, Statistics, and Engineering Teaching Assistant
January 2010 to December 2011
While at James Madison as a full time student I assisted professors as their Teaching Assistant. I was the TA for three different classes, multiple times across various semesters. I tutored students, scheduled time, graded homework, labs, and projects as well as resolved grade disputes, maintained grades, and developed grading rubrics.
JK Moving and Storage - Warehouse Facilitator
June 2010 to August 2011
I started off working good old physical labor. I quickly learned a life lesson of "brain over brawn". It was a great summer job between academic years and learned a lot about shipping logistics and workplace safety.
General Assembly, Visual Design
Washington, DC (2017)
Learned how to apply visual design principles when building digital products including the basics on photoshop, illustrator, and sketch. Covered design principles including ideation, contrast & similarity, gestalt, color theory, fonts & typefaces, composition with type, UX fundamentals, designing for interaction, responsive design, and iconography!
George Washington University, Computer Security and Information Assurance
NW Washington, DC (2015)
Casually take Graduate level computer science courses around security topics including offensive and defensive security and other cool things.
James Madison University, Integrated Science & Technology
Harrisonburg, VA (August 2008 – May 2012)
I studied the application of technology and science to problems of current societal importance. My classes were focused on real world scenarios where myself and my teams would use topics from Telecommunications and Information Knowledge Management cirriculums so solve relevant issues. I was given the opportunity to take part and lead many interesting projects dealing with Mobile, Security, Virtualization, and Data. Some of these include:
- Light and Appliance Power Automation Cross Platform Mobile Application
- Remote Thermostat Data Display Web / Android Application
- Tech Industry Job Post Data Deduction for ISAT Curriculum Refinement
- Hack, Monitor, and Secure Wireless and Bluetooth Networks
- Researched and Implemented a Virtual Environment for the ISAT Telecom Lab
Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, Certified Awesome